Tuesday, July 7, 2009

looking forward

This past week, Vince made reference to someone asking him what he was looking forward to and he replied "Heaven". This was funny because the way he said it made it known that it has been one of those days, or perhaps weeks or even months!

I have been thinking about this for the past few days, however and wow am I looking forward to Heaven more now than ever. Jeff's message this past Sunday was spot on for me and really has made its way into my heart since I heard it.

In our busy lives, it is so easy for us to get our eyes on something and to completely focus on that being our salvation. For example, sometimes when I'm having a tough night, I fixate on the fact that I am babysitting the next day and get to spend eight hours enjoying the innocent beauty of children. Or when I am at the gym and in the middle of a run, I may think all will be well when I reach the 30 minute mark! I look forward to little things like this in my life on a daily basis. I love to them because I think that I will be happier, more grateful, less stressed, etc. when they come.

Then I think about Heaven!! Oh my what a breathtaker that is. As Jeff reminded me, I know not when it will come, but I know that for those who hold on, it will. I know that someday I will be with Jesus and all of His believers forever and ever and ever. And this is a promise that could never be broken. God is the only one any of us can count on to deliver faithfully time and time again.

And aren't we so blessed to be given the gifts that we are to remind of us Heaven each and every day. Next time you look into a loved one's eyes or watch the sunset or hear the rain fall.. when you watch a young child play or hit a note just the way you wanted.. when you are given the chance to travel whether it be across town or across the world, when you are shown grace, patience or love by a stranger.. all of these things are little glimpses of Heaven, of what we will one day enjoy, but for now look forward to.

0 comments: