Sunday, April 13, 2008

"He said it all."

"Don't throw the ball at him, if you're mean he won't come back." -Willy.

I was hanging out with a good friend of mine when he shared a story with me about earlier in the day when he was volunteering at an after school program. To my surprise, he went back after finishing his community service requirement and was really enjoying spending time with the kids. It made me so happy to see the smile on his face and the sincerity in his voice when talking about the afternoon spent playing basketball and hanging out with the elementary students.

"He said it all." Alex told me. "When Willy told the other little kid not to throw the ball at me because I wouldn't come back, I realized how much they looked forward to me coming."

Alex continued and told me that he was definitely going to go back, hopefully at least once a week. It made me so extremely happy, beyond words. To hear him talking about the children with such passion in his eyes and to then listen to him as he thanked me for helping motivate him to serve, was so encouraging.

This was a sure sign from God and great motivation to continue to spread love and compassion and the importance of helping others to those around me.

Willy said it all to Alex and Alex said it all to me.

0 comments: