Tuesday, July 8, 2008

High Heels for Kids and Big Birthday Cakes.


This story is simply one of the cutest things I have ever heard. I think it belongs in one of those "Kids Say the Darndest Things" books. I have been working with kids for years-- babysitting for 7 years and I worked as a teacher for Pre-K for 3 years. I thought I had heard it all.

Until... Alexa said something that I thought was just too cute today.

Her 4 year old sister was in her car seat looking out the window at the clouds and said "Chelsea? Is Heaven just a big cloud?" I answered her by telling her that I think Heaven is up above the clouds and where we get to meet God and Jesus. I then asked her sister Alexa, "Lex- what do you think Heaven is like?"

Alexa: (7 years 0ld): I think it is everything you have ever dreamed of. Like high heels for kids and big birthday cakes on your birthday.

Too cute.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (etc) LOVE that quote!

It's so fun to find out what little kids have running through their heads. The other day I was driving on a really windy road with a coworker's family. In India there are no carseats (or at least I haven't seen any), so the little kids normally sit on their parents laps. It had been a long day of traveling around and he felt really car sick. Of course I didn't know what he had said until my coworker told me, but after she tried to calm his crying down he said, "Don't feel bad for me. Pray for me mommy."

Unfortunately, he still got sick!

Marisa said...

PS - "He felt really sick" was supposed to be her 4 year old son.

ChelseaDenise said...

aww, that is so sweet. kids are just too cute-- and your story is absolutely precious. i hope youre doing well, miss you ris.