Thursday, July 17, 2008


The sun will set soon, give its last ray of warmth before surrendering to the moon
The wind moves the leaves ever so slightly as I push the branches back to unveil true beauty
Just a few more steps across the moist rocks

I can hear the water running over the falls
My heart beats in anticipation
I’ve been here before, but each time is like a brand new scene
Silence. Everything stops. My heart is racing. It is beautiful.
Back to reality
The water is rushing over the rocks
The birds are singing and the fisherman are wading hoping to come out with a catch
With my camera in one hand and a tree branch in the other
I feel on top of the world
I climb up a tree a bit to sit on a large flat rock
It is cold on my skin, but refreshing to my soul
Writing covers the surface. Dark gray letters huddled together.
Looks like a love letter but I can’t make it all out
“Something calling to me” and “Something so perfect” catch my eye.
A soft mist falls upon my face. The water is rushing faster now
My heart is beating out of control
I am surrounded by beauty. Utter beauty.

I sit like this for awhile, in awe of this place

Grateful for a chance to just be
Then the sun peaks through the trees that are waving at me
“Goodbye my love and we will see you soon”
I jump down from the rock, climb back out into the known
Stare up at the sky and say “thank you, I really really thank you.”

0 comments: