Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Laurance: My Christmas Child

This Christmas, I am partnering with Compassion to try and find a sponsor for a little boy named Laurance from Tanzania. He is 6 years old and lives with his parents and 2 siblings. His parents seldom work and it is only due to his partnership with Compassion that he has a chance to attend bible studies and church services.

However, without a sponsor, Laurance has little chance of staying in school because he will eventually need to help out at home with chores and then later in life go to work. As most of us know, in order to break the cycle of poverty, we need to educate the young.

This is our chance.. to pray for this little boy, at least for the month of December. I will post things every few days as reminders about this and encouraging verses to help with prayer, etc. Please join me in this, it would mean so much to surround to this little boy with prayers and the love of God.

If while praying you feel led to sponsor little Laurance or another child from Compassion, please let me know and I can help you with the steps. Thank you and I hope that you will join me and Compassion in helping out "My Christmas Child".

So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth.
--Job 5:16

1 comments:

chris cei said...

eu gosto muito de ler o evangelho,gosto de DEUS em primeiro lugar!!