Monday, February 11, 2008

Oh what a beautiful day.


Ahhhh. I thought that tonight I would take my blog in a different direction than my usual "poetry" or insight into the people and messages around me and just write about how absolutely wonderful today was.

Again, if you know me well, you know that I am generally a very happy, optimistic person who rarely has a bad day. Today, however, was exceptionally wonderful. First, I woke up, took a shower and sang Jack Johnson at the top of my lungs while getting ready for class. I then had a good class followed by a refreshing cat nap. I then took an exam which I am pretty confident about. After that, I got a ton of information about Study Abroad opportunities which I am very excited about!! Next came a great, long workout at the gym. I hadn't been going as often as I'd like the past week due to my schedule but it was great to get back.

Then came PHP of course, where I was able to get my foot into yet a few more doors for great opportunities to volunteer. I am going to be working on organizing a political project for high school students which is kind of out of my league if you will, but it will be a great new experience. I am also very excited to be attending a social event at Lyon's Manor on Valentine's Day to spend the event dancing away with people who don't get to enjoy other's company enough.

After the meeting, a handful of the members and I went to a "Dine and Discuss" event with Dr. Stephens from UCONN as well as some of the students involved in the Community Outreach group. We were able to exchange ideas and strategies and envision things that we would like to accomplish in the future. Now we just need to put the actions into place which will fall into place in time, hopefully sooner than later.

The best part of the day was probably sitting back and enjoying my hot chocolate (in my new cool free mug) and watching Ryanhood with my friend Nathan. It was great to sit down and relax and just listen to the beautiful acoustic guitars and one of the guys' awkward yet hilarious stories.

Of course, this wouldn't be complete without the mention of the fact that my car (Soph, for those of you who don't know) has been having a problem lately with her driver's side door not closing when it is cold. Last night I had the pleasure of driving my car (which is a standard) while holding the door closed. Tonight, however, she behaved for the most part and realized that although it would be a great laugh again, I would prefer if she functioned properly. So of course I got to cruise around in the coolest car known to mankind and sing my country music.

So, that is my beautiful day :) one of the best in a long time, for reasons that you may not understand, but I believe in finding beauty in everything and soaking it up everywhere I go.


K, that is my dorky silly post for the time being. Back to business next time ;) !!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm glad to hear the dine and discuss went well...wish I could have been there with the UCONN crew but I had class.

Mind if I link you to my blog?

ChelseaDenise said...

i wouldnt mind at all! and i wish you were there tooo. hope class was alright!

Andrew said...

love it!!!!!!

Nathan said...

SOPH!