Sunday, March 2, 2008

and now it all makes perfect, perfect, perfect sense.


The world is blanketed with so much beauty.
Filled with so many individual shining stars.

Before beginning my journey, I wrestled with the question of what the unifying force for all of this beauty was. What could possibly bring the beauty together rather perpetuate the competition between it all? Where exactly does this great power lie?

The piece shown in the picture above answers this question, at least in my heart.

JESUS. Faith. Love. Trust.

Each symbol in this piece is beautiful on its own.
Some remain beautiful when paired with another.
Some are still beautiful even when combined with several.

It is hard, however, to see the true beauty of the individual symbols when you look at the piece as a whole. All of the colors, lines and shapes seem to blend together, overlap, intertwine, get in the way of each other, etc. Where did I go wrong in creating this piece of art?

I didn't. I meant for it to be confusing, busy and maybe even proclaimed as ugly. This is a perfect example of the way I see the world. Infinite beauty (in the form of people, organizations, actions and words) caught up in other things, getting in the way of one another and getting mixed up.

Read the message written across the canvas if you haven't already.

"and now it all makes perfect, perfect, perfect sense. <3 Jesus"

He is the unifying force over all of this beauty. His word, His light, His acts are what brings together each beautiful symbol and makes everything work together. It is under His blanket of wisdom and grace that the world makes sense to me.

Each of these symbols, each of these shining stars contribute to something much greater (a novice painting, an entire universe). It's our world. Let us uncover all of its beauty and potential.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

By far one of my favorite posts Chels, well put together and gets at the heart of what I often feel. This beautiful messy life!

Andrew said...

I love you!

Anonymous said...

I love it this is by far the best one you have written!!!! Keep it up girl....you rock!!!!!
Indeed You're aWesoMe.