Monday, October 6, 2008

looking back.

There is a song that we worship to at KidMo on Sunday mornings with the kids.. and I absolutely love it. The woman's voice is beautiful and the rhythm is so catchy. Most of the other songs are cute and the kids really enjoy them, but this one really grabs my heart and speaks to me. Perhaps it is because in a sense (well more than one) I am just like those children-- I am a new believer.

"Looking at where I was before... You've shown me so much more."

And my God it is so true. When dancing to this song with the kids we turn around and pretend to look back with our hands over our eyes while singing "looking at where I was before" and then turning around, opening our eyes and stretching out our arms singing "You've shown me so much more".

These past few weeks have been so wonderful and with each passing day I am more and more amazed at the changes He has made in me. At the beginning of my walk I began to become extremely grateful for almost everything. This was amazing to me because in the past I had been quite the semi-selfish grouch when it came to many things. Next, I felt Him really changing my heart and helping me to love everyone, including my enemies. That was my prayer at SPCC during the open doors ceremony.. to love my enemies. Wow, God took that prayer and answered it in a HUGE way.

Another drastic change has been in my thoughts for the future. Before I was saved, I had a plan for exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up, the kind of house I wanted to live in, how many children I wanted to have and what their names would be... you get the picture. Amazingly, He has called me to let go of all of that and open up my eyes to the possibilities that he has laid out in front of me. I'm often worried about missing God's calling for my life but was comforted today when I read, "God wants you to be where He wants you to be more than you want to be where God wants you to be." My point is, I am comfortable without knowing what tomorrow holds because I know that no matter what it is, He will be there.

I could go on and on about how I have been changed, grown and taught over the past 9 months, but none of it would do Him justice. I am just so thankful for His grace and greatness.

1 comments:

Marisa said...

I love this post! Also, as an FYI Hillsong for Kids has TONS of incredibly songs for the young ones!!

Miss you so much beautifu!