Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sensory Overload.

October 1st.

Emma's smiling face, "Chelsea knock knock" I hear her say as the sound of her little feet pitter patter to the door. "Ood morning, how ah youuu?" she asks. What a beautiful way to start my days, such a beautiful child. Her mom leaves for the hospital instead of work this morning. Her little actress is about to make her way to the stage.

Baby enters the world. After all of this wait, Ralanna is here.. 9 lbs 8 oz, healthy as can be. Pictures reveal to me charcoal strands flowing in the direction of her gorgeous caramel face. Smiling mother, glowing and proud father, friends gather around to witness this miracle.

Four artists performing on a stage, one goal-- touch the audience. Inspire the uninspired. Visions of my future flash before my eyes and my heart is moved. The music stops, the scene ends, the lights go down. The door to my fears is slammed shut-- He calls me to proceed.

The cool night air whips through my window and breathes new life into my lungs. Fall is settling into our everyday. The leaves have changed. They dance their way to the ground as the wind flirts with their every move.

Words flow over this digital screen. A message from a friend warms my heart. A love like no other reminds me that we are real.

Bzzzzz, Bzzzzz. My phone vibrates. A number I've never seen before. "Hey Chels I just wanted to call and see how your night was going and talk to you about the shuttle to SPCC." Sigh. He is good.

He is good.

0 comments: