Saturday, October 18, 2008

i just love quotes.

Here is a collection of quotes that I came across while looking up reflection exercises for service projects.

"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people." -Horace Mann

"If we do not act, we shall surely be dragged down the long, dark and shameful corridors of time reserved for those who possess power without compassion, might without morality and strength without sight." -Martin Luther King Jr.

"I believe that serving and being served are reciprocal and that one cannot really be one without the other." -Robert Greenleaf

"I believe we should fight for the unrealistic, rather than defend the unacceptable." -Bill Shore

"We do not learn from what we do. We learn from thinking about what we do." -Anonymous

Profound. Comforting. Challenging. Beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know I love quotes as well and I truly enjoyed reading these. Thanks for sharing !! :)

Kristin Zuvich said...

Hey Chels. Yeah, I have read Tara Leigh Cobble's Here's to Hindsight (and also saw her twice when she came to St Paul's). Thank you so much for mentioning it. Next time we see each other, I'll tell you a little more about my reaction to it when I first read it, and my reaction to it now.

<3 ya

ChelseaDenise said...

i never even knew she was at st pauls!! oh my goodness how fun. and yes, id love to hear about it!! <3 ya right back