Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The ABCs of God's Goodness: P

God is perfect.

"Practice makes perfect". I can't tell you how many times I heard that growing up in my dance classes and then later on on my cheerleading teams. But no matter how we practiced, we would never get a perfect score at competition. A girl may fall from a stunt, our tumbling would be out of sync, our technique not as sharp as it ought to be. I learned (not so quickly) that practice does not make perfect. There is no such thing as perfect on this Earth.

But our God is perfect. He didn't have to practice anything to get that way, He just is. His thoughts, actions and desires are all perfectly perfect. What a relief that our Creator is absolutely PERFECT and even though we were meant to be that way but messed it up, He and His perfectness have it under control.

0 comments: