Sunday, November 2, 2008

"hey girl come with me"

I am a firm believer in the fact that when we open our eyes we will see God in so many ways and in all of our days. Now sometimes we can open them up on our own but other times He pries them open for us. Today was one of those days for me. But before He opened my eyes, He took my hand. Just before being pulled through the door I had time to grab my camera excited for what was to come!!

We walked through Eastern's gorgeous campus and down to Main St Willimantic. I had been down this road a ton of times before but never quite like this. Never with my eyes peeled to take in all of His good works. As we wandered back and forth between the main road and sign streets, I came across all sorts of "new" beauty. Gorgeous scenery at every glance rose above the broken glass or littered trash. His creation screamed out to me beyond the noise of the traffic and the honking horns. Here is some of what I found:




These are just a handful of the photos that I took. And had I had a video camera with me, you would be able to see the rest of the beauty that was happening all around me. Children laughing and playing at the park "You're it! You're it!!". People exchanging glances, smiles and small talk. The hustle bustle of the intersection suddenly stops as a man lets an old woman cross. Endless beauty. I could go on and on all day.

And to think I would have missed it had He not grabbed my hand and insisted that we take a walk. From now on I think will grab God's hand and ask Him to come along with me. That way, I won't miss out on the good stuff.

2 comments:

Kristin Zuvich said...

I am so happy 4 you, my lovely!

ChelseaDenise said...

thank you kristin, i miss you. you are in my prayers