Friday, May 9, 2008

Rain.

Replenishing
Cold
Water
Washing
Wet
Refreshing
Cleansing
Flowing
Beautiful
Devoted
Helpful

RAIN.
_________________________________________

Have you ever watched a child play in the rain? Possibly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. They are intrigued by the water and how it falls into the already formed puddles. They beg to be able to jump in them and even after I say no, they do it anyway with that beautiful little "What are you going to do about it" smirk. I can't do anything other than smile in this moment. At the little man finding so much joy in something that most people can't stand.

The common response after someone looks out the window and sees that it's raining is "Ugh, what a crappy day." And sometimes, I agree with that. After being spoiled with a week full of nothing but sunshine and 80 degree beautiful weather, I hated to see the clouds rolling in and pouring out the rain too.

But there is so much beauty in rain. Whether it is just a sprinkle, a shower, a downpour or a thunder storm.. there is beauty.

There is beauty in the way it runs down the streets like a small stream.. Beauty in the way it drips off of the leaves of the trees or the flowers that have just bloomed.. Beauty in the way it falls upon my face as I turn my head up to the sky. It is refreshing to feel the cool wetness on my face.

It is peaceful to stand in a place and just appreciate the rainy day rather than feel hindered by it.

2 comments:

Stephen Barry said...

Good call, Chelsea. A sunshine-man myself, I've been trying to learn to not only tolerate, but appreciate the unique goodness of a rainy day. It's all a matter of perspective.

ChelseaDenise said...

thank you steve, i appreciate it :) and i completely agree.. most of life is all a matter of perspective