Sunday, May 18, 2008

Recent random inspirations.

Here are just a bunch of quotes, lyrics, experiences, messages, etc. that I have come across over the past couple weeks that have really inspired me to regain focus and grow closer to God.

Nothing comes that easy
Nothing comes for free
Something comes from nothing
If you're willing to believe
Cause everything has meaning
Everything we see
Are you willing to give up everything?
-Pillar "Everything"

No matter what kind of live you've lived, no matter how many wrong choices you've made, the next moment is waiting to give you new life. -Erwin McManus Chasing Daylight

You're a hero. Thanks for serving. We couldn't do it without you!! -St. Paul's Volunteer Appreciation Night

The practicality of the life of faith is that you begin making wiser choices. -Erwin McManus Chasing Daylight

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4

You and I are made to worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
When you and I embrace surrender
When you and I choose to believe
Then you and I will see
Who we were meant to be.
-Chris Tomlin "Made to Worship"

Ask God to give us courage to do what we already know. -Erwin McManus Chasing Daylight

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Just today I spoke with a younger friend of mine and we ended up talking about some pretty deep stuff. She couldn't believe that I was going to church and had a hard time grasping the concept after knowing the feelings I had about it previously. The conversation was beautiful and I think that she will come to St. Paul's with me this summer :).

Stepping into the door of St. Paul's this morning filled my body with a rush of warmth. I immediately smiled and couldn't wait for the service to start. St. Paul's and everyone there are such great inspirations.

Last night I had a discussion with a friend and we both kind of kicked ourselves and each other in the butts for becoming slightly unfocused and a bit lazy. It was comforting to hear that we are both on somewhat of the same page and ready to start turning them again!
_____________________________________
Every moment. Every hour. Everyday.. divine moments lay in front of us. We must stand strong in our faith and strive to do what God has planned for us. We must seize those moments. We must put ourselves out there. We must jump and be confident that we will be caught in His grace. We must set out on adventures and in turn grow.

The stakes are eternal.

1 comments:

Nathan said...

ba da ba BA BAAAAAAA- I'm lovin' it!