Sunday, June 15, 2008

Absolutely astounding day.


Today was one of the most beautiful days I have had in a long time. Now you may be thinking, "Hmm, isn't Chelsea almost always talking about how beautiful things are and how happy she is?" and yes-- I usually am. But today blew other days out of the water.

I woke up early to find that church actually started an hour later than I had thought, so I got to sleep for an extra hour! Then I picked my father up and we had a really nice ride to SPCC and were able to talk, rock out to some old school tunes and just be with each other. This was especially wonderful because it was Father's Day and I can't even remember the last Father's Day my dad and I were on good terms-- thank God that we have rekindeled our relationshop. Church was wonderful and Ben's message was more heartfelt than usual and was delivered with such a passion and a cry for us to understand his one prayer of making us generous.

After church we picked up my sister and went to a late lunch at Applebee's where Ash, Dad and I were able to just hang out and have a good time while enjoying some very yummy food.

After lunch, I hung out at home with Ash and then we went to the Warner for her graduation! Of course, I cried the second the bagpipes started playing the first song and all of the seniors entered the room in their caps and gowns. Ashley was 4th from the last of about 350 students to be called, but I have never been more excited for a 30 second period of time where I could just watch my little (well, not so little anymore) sister walk across the stage and receive her diploma that represents so many years of hard work and dedication to her studies. I've never been more proud of anyone for anything in my entire life. She truly means the world to me and it was just crazy to watch her and realize that she has graduated. But this just means that it is that much closer to when she gets to join me at Eastern! Watch out!!

And just when I thought the night couldn't get any better, I called my best friend Delia and spoke with her about her day and what not. She told me that she was going to donate $100 to my Panama trip that I have been and will continue to be saving for. What a beautiful surprise!! Nobody has any idea how much this means to me. (Thank you so much Mae, I love you.)

And ahh! While I was writing this, Andrew called and we were able to catch up a bit. I miss him terribly and am so excited about his awesome opportunity in DC even though it means we don't get to talk much.


Praise God. This day was magnificent.

1 comments:

Andrew said...

ummmm, her graduation had bagpipes? That is sick!!! Love you!