Monday, June 23, 2008

Wonderful Service

I woke up this morning excited that it was Sunday, meaning that it was St. Paul's day :). People often think that I am crazy for driving over an hour to church, but tonight just reinforced the reason I do it.

God and his son Jesus Christ. The people. My friends. The smiles. The hope. The music. The message. Ben's encouraging words. Heartfelt prayer. Everyone around me clapping to the beautiful worship songs. The smiles. And of course the tears. The coffee and fellowship afterwards. The sharing of summer stories. The awesome worship on the car ride home that was inspired by everything previously listed.

I think I would drive a lot farther for these things if I needed to. So here is a big thank you to everyone at St. Paul's. To Gordie, Chris, Maurice and the rest of the First Impressions team, to Ashley who sat next to me and reached out to get to know me more, to Nathan for always encouraging me and being such a great friend to me, to Steve for offering help in finding me a new car, to the first time visitors from Eastern for reminding me that it never hurts to extend an invitation, to Emily for her warming smile and to Ben and Steve for their beautiful words through God.

Thank you. THANK GOD.

1 comments:

Kristin Zuvich said...

I agree! So worth it, everytime!