Sunday, November 30, 2008

encouragements :)

This past week has been filled with endouraging God moments. I was nervous about going home for Thanksgiving with the fear that each time I go home I am more and more like an alien to my family. After lots of prayer and simply loving my family, I enjoyed the days that I spent with them and felt very blessed because of it.

Here are just a few of the really exciting things that God has been doing in my life and around me lately:

*He has called me to the Dominican Republic this summer on a missions trip with a great group of followers. A few of my loved ones have already agreed to sponsor me for this trip.
*Imagine Christmas is approaching fast and God has softened the hearts of many that I have invited :)
*Tonight one of my friends took communion for the first time-- so encouraging, espcially because I can remember my first time and how excited my friend who had invited me was.. it has really come full circle. God is good.
*Kidmo is going so wonderfully. The first time I was anticipating just volunteering once a month or so but I have been called to serve there each week and am so glad to have been given the skills to teach those beautiful children about God.
*I have been getting to know a man down at the soup kitchen and spending time with him each Tuesday. Our friendship is growing strong along with my relationships with others there.

God is in all of these places with me and is using me to bless others. I am just so thankful.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Hey Chels! That is all so beautiful to hear! I'm so curious about Kindmo and how the children's ministry has taken off, and that's awesome to hear you are a part of it!

Keep going with Him girlie!

Love ya!d

ChelseaDenise said...

we started using Hillsong Kids yesterday and i thought of you because i remember you telling me about them :)

love you and hope youre well!