Monday, November 24, 2008

I believe..


I received an email today from my best friend who unfortunately, I don't stay in close contact with much anymore.. generally I delete forwarded emails because most of them tend to be annoying and I find them a waste of time. This one, however.. brought tears to my eyes. Each statement began with "I believe" and with each came the face of a precious baby to remind us of the gift of life. Here is how I was reminded of a few of the things I believe..


I believe...


...that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are but it is up to us to decide who we become.

...that no matter how good a friend is, they are going to hurt you once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

...that just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean that they don't love you with all they've got.

...that you should always leave loved ones with loving words-- it may be the last time you see them.

...that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

...that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

...that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

...that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others, sometimes we must forgive ourselves.

...that life is more precious than money will ever be.

...that no matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn't stop for your grief.


I believe that our great God does truly turn lives around. He has given me new breath and a chance to live out each of the statements above. He has shown me what it means to believe.

0 comments: