Saturday, November 22, 2008

worship night. 11/21

Last night was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I headed to SPCC with a good friend of mine with some worries in our hearts and tension in the air. We were looking forward to the night and knew that God was about to do something great. The smiles of everyone visiting in the lower cafe warmed my heart as He covered me in love. We found our seats, the music began!! Nick gave a short talk about what worship truly is and how although we worship God with music, it is so much more-- we are called to worship Him with our lives.

The music continued.. His people bowed down.. we sang.. we danced.. we clapped.. we cried.. we laughed.. we prayed.. we embraced.. He was in that place.

I am really speechless for the most part and am just so thankful to belong to a church that has such a yearning and a craving for seeking God. It is such a breath of fresh air to be surrounded by His people and His unfailing love.

I left last night with happy tears in my eyes and God's love flowing in and out of my heart. A friendship had been renewed and all of the dark had been turned to light. I'm so very thankful for last night.

0 comments: