Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Him glory always.

I have really been enjoying the Advent readings thus far, and with this being my first real Christmas as I am calling it, I am happily overwhelmed by all of the information and celebration of this season. While reading through Romans 5, verse 3 really caught my eye:

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.


Indeed, I have learned during my journey with Christ that it is easy to praise God and thank Him when things go well for me but when the tables are turned and times are rough, I sing a different tune. With each day and each tough time we ought to remember all that Jesus went through for us and every time we lift up our troubles we are persevering to build character and reinforce the hope He represents for His people. Let’s turn our doubts and worries into songs of praise for what we have been given and prayers for His will to be done.

As it says in Psalm 100:4-5:

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Through the good times and the bad, God is always here for us to share joys with, cry to, argue with and simply wait upon. So let us watch for Jesus as we are instructed to in Mark 13. Let us not be caught sleeping when He comes again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been doing the advent readings too and that line caught my eye as well and I definitely believe in all it says. It is true that we tend to lose hope in times of trouble but when we push on and preservere we regain our hope. Thanks for sharing :]

ChelseaDenise said...

i'm glad to hear you're enjoying the readings :) thanks for the comment and let us help eachother to persevere and build our characters!