Monday, January 26, 2009

beauty.

Earlier today I was looking back through my notes from sermons at SPCC. It is something that I like to do every once and awhile to refresh my memory and my heart on the messages I've heard and to reflect on them again, from where I am now.

I came across a page with no date.. no headings.. just gorgeous quotes. They are captivatingly beautiful.

*Justice rolls down like water and righteousness like a mighty stream.

*Lamb and lion lie down together.

*Morning stars sing together.

Due to their place in my notebook, I have concluded that these were spoken during Ben's last sermon on Advent Conspiracy. This message was titled LOVE ALL.

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. -Luke 6:27-28

What if all of us on this earth followed those instructions. What if we truly did love our enemies, turned the other cheek when we were hit and prayed relentlessly for those who come against us.

The lamb and the lion would lie down together. All of the constelations would come together. Justice and righteousness would overcome hate and greed.

Our breath would be taken away with each blink of our eyes, as we gaze at the endless beauty of reconciliation.

His plan is in our hands.

0 comments: