Friday, January 2, 2009

oh what a little moonlight can do

I believe that my very first post on this blog was the same as this one. Being home for the holidays I have been using my family computer rather than my laptop. When I sign onto AIM, it has all of old away messages and things saved. I love to go through them and see the things I used to post back then. I came across one that is a poem that I wrote:

the moon is almost full
she gazes up at its light
remembers a time
it didn't seem worth the fight
the same silvery glow
falls down all around her
a flashback to a time
when it was all just a blur
now its radiance and beauty
cover her in a blanket
it is that very same moonlight
that lets her know she can make it


I wrote this after coming to Christ and still to this day I can say that it is because it is His moonlight that it lets me know I can make it.

It is times like I am going through now, when there are major personal problems that I could use reminders like these that there were times when I felt very similar pain but did not cling to God because I did not know Him. It is times like these that I am thankful that I am not responsible to make everything right because I don't have control.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Chelsea, that was an awesome poem...very inspiring!!!

ChelseaDenise said...

thanks brit, as always. can't wait to see you next week :)