Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Forever changed.



I should have known by the way God had prepared my heart for the trip that I would overwhelmingly blessed. Yet, of course, I underestimated the impact that could be made on me through this trip.

Everyone always says that when you go to do missions you expect to feel a great sense of accomplishment, a feeling of joy because you were able to help people in such a great way. Then they mention that they walk away changed, perhaps more than the people they set out to impact. I can't put into words how true this was of the mission trip to Panama I was so blessed to be on.

There is so much to talk about, reflect on, pray about and go over and over in my mind and my heart. I'm sure there will be many many posts on this subject from here on out, as it was the second most significant experience of my life (being saved of course preceeding it!!)

The smiling faces.
The laughter.
The way no language barrier can separate those.
The eagerness to learn.
Them not realizing they were teaching me.
Seas of children just wanting hugs and love.
Gracious strangers that became family.
God's unmeasurable love binding us together.
Relationships that will not soon be forgotten, but ever apart of our hearts.
Each of us wanting to be together again.

God is good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea, I am SOOOOOO happy for you!