Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to You!!

Happy Birthday St. Paul's Collegiate Church!!

This year marks the 4th birthday of SPCC which is a very exciting time. As a church, a ton has happened in the last 4 years and God has worked in marvelous ways, as He is in the business of building relationships, communities and churches. Ben talked tonight about how he hasn't felt as fired up as he is now about what God is doing since the very beginning of SPCC. That is a HUGE deal!

I am so grateful to call St. Paul's my church home and the members my family. This weekend also marks a very special time in my life. It was exactly a year ago, at the 3 year birthday celebration that I first attended St. Paul's. I reflect personally on a regular basis and am asked to share my story often.. so I am constantly looking back on the ways God has changed me and helped me. I also see how my entire life I was being prepared to encounter Him.

And once again, as 40 Days of Community is up ahead, we are being called to prepare. We are being called to think about how we will adjust our schedules for this life changing experience. We need to be praying and praying some more.

I have been away from SPCC for a couple of weeks prior to this due to the amazing Panama trip I was on, and let me tell you- I missed it so much! Ben is absolutely right in saying that there is nothing like the local church when the local church is working right. It was so great to be back and to celebrate the 4th birthday of St. Paul's and the anniversary of my attending SPCC.

He is good.

0 comments: