Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 7- Better Together

"How loud is your voice?" In other words-- "How loudly do your actions speak about the love of God?"

I have heard countless stories from Christian friends that I have made over the past year about how it can get very tiring to be a follower and how when we are worn out and the "newness" goes away, we wonder what is going on. I have also been given a great set of tools by the same friends to stick with God and not fall from Him when I get tired. Luckily, my brothers and sisters in Christ look to learn lessons through their struggles!!

Since the beginning of the 40 Days of Community, I have been doing the daily readings and really enjoying them. I am not blogging as much I would like, but I am keeping my eyes open and certainly watching for Jesus.

This morning I found Him! I was reawakened like never before. Not that I was in a super tough spiritual drought, but some things were becoming routine and I was not pleased with my efforts toward growth. Amazingly, God uses these moments to pour down blessings and remind us just how good He is.

Kidmo was better than ever today and I felt God in that space the entire time. Right between those orange, brown and green walls. He was right there laughing with Nikolai as he sang one of the songs in a funny voice. He welcomed Lauren, Caroline and Robyn for the first time and made them feel at home. He met with me in my small discussion group of girls as we laughed and learned. He then followed us downstairs while we worshipped Him by making kits for AIDS caregivers. There was excitement in the children's eyes as they carried the bright orange boxes around the table, filling them with supplies. "God loves you. Bless your heart." is what little Ethan wrote on the note for his box.

These were God moments. This was an entire God morning!! The car ride home was filled with tears and worship music and a grateful heart. All major motivation to work harder at making my voice louder. A great lesson to remind me that I can learn so much from kids.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen.