Monday, February 16, 2009

so many beautiful things.


This is a continuation of my post on celebrating next steps!!

I mentioned my best friend Delia and my friend Sue at the end of that post and said that they had both taken small but significant next steps in their faith... listen to this!!

Last night before church Sue text messaged me and asked me to pray for her at church. I of course told her yes and texted her after church to let her know that she was for sure in my prayers. She then told me that she would like to come to spcc at some point. This is amazing! She came to Imagine Christmas this past year and loved it and when I invited her to a weekend service she told me "I have sinned way too many times to ever go back to church." What a beautiful opportunity to share the gospel. I have been working on doing that ever since and oh my goodness God has worked in beautiful ways.

Twenty minutes after hearing this from Sue, Delia came into my room along with our boss who is a beautiful follower of Christ. At first, I thought we were going to have a work related talk and that made me a bit nervous considering it was a weekend night and my boss wasn't working. However, the words that she said next were the most beautiful I had ever heard. "Chels, I prayed to God today.. for help. I can't do it by myself," Delia said.

There are no words to describe the excitement and thankfulness and just joy that entered my heart. at this moment. We then went to her room and prayed together which was simply beautiful.

I write all of this tonight still overwhelmed by God's greatness and I hope that it inspires you as much as it does me to hold onto all that we believe and continue to love radically in order to win hearts for Christ.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Once again beautiful!

Keri Joelle said...

That sounds like things have been very fruitful for you=).Glad to hear so.