Thursday, December 4, 2008

Advent Reading Reflection for 12/5

Jeremiah 1:6-7

6“Ah, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”

7But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.

Prior to these words, it is told that Jeremiah had chosen by God as a prophet to all nations. God called him to do something huge in His name, and Jeremiah spoke back with an excuse as to why he wouldn’t be good enough for the job.

If there is one thing I have learned since my journey has begun, it is that God is definitely in the business of using the underdogs, the least expected, the hurt, the lost, the broken, etc. to do His work. Of course we all fall into one of those categories, but in the Bible, God chooses some of the seemingly most unqualified people to carry out His works. No matter how broken, lost, hurt, weak, scared or young we are—He will use us!!

And when He calls us forth, let us not make excuses about why we can’t, but rather put faith in His plan and move ahead with Him.

0 comments: