Sunday, December 28, 2008

soul cravings (2)

Love is not a limited commodity. Love expands as we give it away. Love dies when we do not.

This quote is one that is a true cry of my heart. Since being saved by Christ He has opened my heart more and more with each day. I am no longer bitter and calloused and trying to shut out the things in my life that used to cause me pain.

I have learned that loving someone does not mean that you have to like them. Love is a verb and by the grace of God I have been taught to do so. In the beginning, and still sometimes now, my friends hassle me when I tell them I love them. I have heard numerous times, "How can you love me when you love everyone?" or "You saying that is insincere because you claim to love everyone." For too long I let this bother me and I used to question my actions.

Today, however, I am confident in God's truth that love is not limited. It does expand when we give it away. The more I serve, minister and worship, the more my heart is filled to continue to love.

Just as the Desert Song says "I know I'm filled to be emptied again, the seed I receive I will sow."

So here is my challenge to myself and to you. Love. Love like we have never loved before. Let us reach out to people we may not like and reveal to them the greatest love ever known.. that of Jesus Christ.

0 comments: