Wednesday, December 31, 2008

soul cravings (5)

...So that pretty much left the invisibles or the rebels-- and aren't the rebels really just the ones who are desperately trying not to be invisible while knowing they don't fit in anywhere else? This is maybe why I'm so attracted to Jesus. If James Dean was the rebel without a cause, Jesus was the rebel with one.

A few days ago I received a message on facebook from one of my friends inviting me, and the rest of his brothers and sisters to join him in starting a Revolution. There was a link to his blog where the most recent post was about being a rebel with a cause. His New Year's resolution is to be a rebel with a cause, just as McManus describes Jesus as being. And how fitting that as we are called to live like Jesus did, that we would also be rebels with the greatest cause.

Andrew's post described how those of us who follow Jesus are rebels because it goes against the pollution of this world. This world is a place where it is so easy to be consumed in hate, corruption, materialism, selfishness and so on. The bible tells us time and time again to watch out for being polluted by the world and to stick to the Word in order to not get lost.

This year I join Andrew in continuing this revolution (as I believe the church has been growing stronger and stronger by the day). I commit to becoming more devoted to Jesus than ever before. I commit to abiding by the Word in order to continue the expansion of love. I commit to shining my light, as well as confessing my dark for all to see.

Will you join us as the rebels with His cause?

0 comments: