Tuesday, December 30, 2008

soul cravings (4)

What's on God's heart is not a list of rules or commands, but the expansion of love....All God wants for us in this is that we live in healthy, loving relationships.

Isn't that simply beautiful? So many times before I was a believer I questioned why anyone believed and followed the bible since it was all just a long list of things not to do. Once I began my walk, I was still a bit skeptical as I was making a lot of changes in my lifestyle to live according to the word.

Today, when I read that sentence in McManus' Soul Cravings, I am confident that it is exactly true. Working to adjust my behaviors to follow the rules and commands have certainly made it easier to work on the expansion of love. I am now able to be in sincere, healthy, loving relationships whether it be showing love to a stranger, maintaining a relationship with a family member or growing the nature of love in my romantic relationship.

I no longer give away my body in hopes for "love" in return. I do my best not to talk about others to people so that I fit in with them. I believe McManus in that the cry of God's heart is for us to be in healthy, loving relationships. There is far more talk of this in the Bible than there are of lists of things you can't do.

So once again.. let's love love love. It is what we are called to do.

0 comments: