Monday, December 22, 2008

How?

While reading tonight's Advent readings, Romans 10:14 really captured my heart.

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they hae not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

With Imagine Christmas just finishing up a day ago and Christmas Day up ahead with a missions trip to Panama following closely behind that, God yelled this verse to me to make sure I heard it!

Romans 10:13 statesfor, "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." and then in verse 14 goes on to pose a few questions that can stir in everyone's hearts.

Sure, if you were raised in the church and in a community where you learned about Christ, learning His teachings was very accessible. Otherwise, there has to be a way that you were introduced to Him, brought to Him by Him through someone in this world. For me, it was a great friend inviting me to St. Paul's. God took that invitation and rocked my world with it.

It looks different for everyone, though-- being introduced to Christ. These verses were just very encouraging to remind me to go ahead, unafraid and speaking because God is with me (Acts 18:9-10). Whether it be through dance in Imagine Christmas, through small group, at the soup kitchen, in class, across the world on a missions trip, at the dinner table with my family, in a conversation with a stranger.. I must keep Him in my thoughts. I must ask Him to fill me with the words and with the love to proclaim His love to those who do not yet know Him.

Because without the people of His church actively seeking out those in His kingdom, they will be left in the dark without the invitation to salvation.

1 comments:

Keri Joelle said...

Chealsea,

www.deardearthoughts.blogspot.com

Keri Joelle