Tuesday, December 23, 2008

a few of my favorite worship songs

Sooo, I am on duty tonight as I was last night. What is great about duty over break is that there are barely any residents in the building and you're on by yourself! I have been very productive the past two nights getting things ready for Panama, working on bulletin boards and door decs and listening to worship songs the entire time.

There is definitely something to be said about having the soundtrack to 5 hours of your day be music speaking of His amazing love. It is refreshing, renewing, challenging, comforting, etc.

Two of the songs that I have been playing over and over are Chasing by Charlie Hall and Who Am I? by Casting Crowns. Both beautiful songs that really capture my heart. I encourage you to give them a listen :)

Chasing by Charlie Hall

Sweet Forgiveness,
My redemption
You're a savior once for all, and today
Oh the mercy, it comes to flood me
Jesus on the cross, You took my place

And I'm chasing after You
Because You first chased after me
And You purchased me with blood
I am free, I am complete
Now a child of my King
Leaving old I am made new
Because You first chased after me
I am chasing after Youuuuu..

Who Am I? by Casting Crowns

Who am I that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I that the bright and morning star
Would choose to light the way for my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am but because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done but because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord you catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours..

Who am I that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain and calm the storm in me



These songs are surely helping me to worship fully this advent season.

0 comments: