Monday, May 18, 2009

The ABCs of God's Goodness: N

God is new.

Is He? This is a hard concept for me to wrap my head around all of the time, so pardon me as I write this. A friend of mine once said to me simply "God is new everyday" and wow what a truth! We can certainly argue that He is old.. as He was the first, before any other!! He is the oldest.

But we see by grace and through love that He is new everyday. His Word has been around years and years and years, but each time we read it-- it hits us a new way. It may be a verse that I have read a hundred times, but it strikes me different today than it will in 2 weeks and then again in 2 years.

I think that so often we may forget the newness of God. We may get so caught up in the spiritual rituals that we don't take time to celebrate what He has to offer each and everyday.

So let us open up our eyes to God and his newness!! Let us not grow weary or tired of the monotony that we may acquire on our walks.

0 comments: