Sunday, May 10, 2009

Holy Ground- Part 4

This part of the holy ground devotional series was most easily applicable to my life. Two years ago I became an RA and was placed in Occum Hall. I was not a Christian and I was just living a lifestyle foreign to what I had ever lived and I knew it wasn't right. . I was a mess!! My boss, Joanna was the sweetest woman and we began to grow close. I learned that Christ was the center of her life but that still didn't mean anything to me because I had not allowed Him to enter mine.

As time went on and I began attending SPCC, she and I would talk about faith and I learned her story and she became a mentor. She is a women who truly walks "barefoot" in her workplace. She is great at maintaining the boundaries between professional and personal relationships and all of her actions are done with great love. I know that God placed me in this job to meet Joanna and learn from her.

She is truly an inspiration to me and I am blessed to work on holy ground that had been established long before I even started work. It has been wonderful to grow in my faith and share stories with her, to offer prayers for her and her family and ask her to pray for me. I am truly blessed to have the workplace I do and I hope to contribute to the love on the staff and to the compassion towards our residents.

0 comments: