Wednesday, May 20, 2009

divine mysteries?

Today's reflection question: How do you deal with divine mysteries that exceed your understanding?

Well, for me.. there is still a lot that is a mystery. There are many questions that I ask myself while reading or that others may ask me to challenge me in my faith. I deal with these things through prayer. When things confuse me or I am left wondering and questioning why God would do something that He did or is doing, I step back to pray. I don't always get answers right away, of course. I do my best to keep my heart and mind open to the Spirit to receive answers to my questions.

I have come to terms with the fact that I just won't ever know it all. Not about this world, not about the bible, not about anything!! When I was younger I thought I knew everything (as we all did) but there came a time when I got a huge slap in the face.

Prayer Prayer Prayer. I just ask God and wait for an answer.

3 comments:

Keri Joelle said...

Hey=)

You're post came as an answer to my misunderstandings.=)God bless you.

Keri Joelle

ChelseaDenise said...

i am so glad. God bless you too dear :)

Keri Joelle said...

Well I certainly hope this will not be how things will stay.

I want so much more of God,and maybe if I don't spend that time on the mission trip,I hope to get close to God.So close.