Tuesday, May 5, 2009

holy ground- part 1 reflection

First and foremost, I want to say that this part of the devotional really jumped out at me and caught my heart: "Though God created the world and the world bears the stamp of his nature, God is not the same as the world. God is so much bigger and better than the biggest and best in creation. In him there is no hint of evil, no compromise of righteousness, no slackening of justice, no confusion of truth, no limitation of love. He is a holy God: set apart, special, unique." It is so wonderfully written and it really came into me and settled.

I think that so many times when bad things happen we associate them as coming from God. We look at the world around us and we attribute it to Him. But no, we are wrong. We have tampered with what He created. It is not on Him, it is on us.

So what comes to mind when I think of the word holy?

God
beauty
purity
wholeness
connectedness
Spirit
calling
..just to name the first few that come to mind.

But this is not always what has come to my mind. Before believing I could never understand who would want to go to church or believe in a holy God when it was just a list of "don't do this and don't do that". But this view, like many, have been changed by God's dear grace, by His mercifulness and His completely 100% holy nature.

0 comments: