Monday, May 4, 2009

How do I "taste" God?

Starting off with these great daily devotionals that Ben has posted in Unifyer! I think this is such a great idea and really hope that other people blog about them as well :)

So how I "taste" God and experience Him most?

I would have to say that recently I encounter Him most when I look at my sister, or Steve.. or I get a message on facebook from a close friend with encouraging words to start my day. When I take a 10 minute drive off campus just to get away, and He meets me at the top of the hill and directs my gaze towards the beautiful tall grass blowing in the wind. It is in the everyday things that to some may seem mundane, that God has revealed Himself to me most lately. In a voicemail from little Jenna telling me she can't wait to see me this summer. Or in an accepted invitation to church by my mom. In the smile on my dad's face when he tells me that he is still going to AA meetings.

I see God here. I taste His sweet goodness in these moments. He is good.

2 comments:

Steveee said...

I really like this.

ChelseaDenise said...

thanks steve :)