Tuesday, May 12, 2009

reluctance in leadership

Today's devotional was a bit of a slap in the face for me. Last year I was elected to lead People Helping People, a service oriented group on ECSUs campus. Myself and a friend were so excited to be sharing this role. We are both followers of Christ and were unsure as to what it would be like to lead a group that is not Christ centered. We decided that we needed to pray a lot about it and keep God as our focus when it came to PHP, even if it wasn't the group's focus.

Last night was the last meeting for the year. I turned over my position (as did my friend) and I will go back to being a member next year. I didn't enjoy the experience, it was something much else than I expected when I was elected. Is this because I didn't keep it in prayer and I forgot that I can do anything through Christ? Perhaps.. I like to think that it just wasn't a good fit for me and that I will do a better job of serving as just a member, but I don't know for sure.

Let us just remember that in any leadership position, whether it be big or small, leading believes or those who do not yet believe- WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS.

0 comments: