Friday, May 8, 2009

holy ground- part 3

Reverence.

Until tonight I wasn't sure what that word meant. Dictionary.com helped me out and taught me it means to have deep respect tinged with awe. I began thinking about how we can worship with reverence and also experience intimacy. I think sometimes we may get caught up because they are so interrelated. Part of the reason we are in so much awe is because He calls us to be so intimate with Him. Because He cares about bad days, skinned knees, lost jobs, etc. We learn that He is beyond involved with our lives.. so it can be tough to step back and remember how important reverence is. At least for me..

I need to take some time to pray that God will help me to grow in this area so that I may show Him more reverence and worship Him fully.

0 comments: